[vfio-users] Poor Performance and freeze ingame with NVIDIA and 4570K

Feadurn feadurn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:58:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have done everything I wanted for my VM (except emulate the sound but
I bought an usb soundcard, as suggested), but I realise my performance
are quite poor.
For instance in a game like Insurgency, my FPS are sometime around 30
which is clearly low for the game (but playable).

More annoying, in game like Star Citizen, not only the performance are
poor but I have constant freezes, it is like the video freeze (but often
the sound continue) and then go normal again.

I noticed that it is with when the use of the cpu in Windows reaches
100% (but not always).

I don't know if it is caused by the gpu the cpu or both. I have hugepage
activated and normally the MSI in windows configured too (with a script
that activate all of them)

I don't really know which output to give you that will be helpful.

Thank you for your help,

Feadurn