[vfio-users] Not binding GPU to vfio-pci

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Sun Feb 21 16:36:00 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Nick Sarnie <commendsarnex at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm using legacy device assignment. My script is
> stop xdm, echo "0000:01:00.0" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/radeon/unbind echo
> "0000:01:00.1" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/radeon/unbind and then start xdm. I
> use virt-manager with libvirt, and I added the gpu to the VM with PCI Host
> Device under Add Hardware. Is this what you're talking about?

Somehow I doubt that both function 0 and 1 are bound to the radeon driver,
but if you're not crafting your own QEMU command line or specifying a
driver for the hostdev entries in your XML, then you're probably using
vfio.  You can verify by looking at the libvirt log for the VM
(/var/log/libvirt/qemu/$domain.log) for either vfio-pci or pci-assign
devices.