Re: [vfio-users] Trying to pass through USB controller.

On 02/23/2016 10:38 AM, Jonathan Scruggs wrote:
If I pass through 0:14, won't I loose USB on my host? I have a USB
keyboard and mouse and need USB for other things like thumb drives.

If you pass through 0:14.0, every port with a 1 in the mask will be
passed through to the guest (inaccessible on the host). If you pass
through 0:1a.0 and 0:1d.0, every port with a 0 in the mask will be
passed through tho the guest. You should do one or the other, but not both.

No matter which controller(s) you pass through, you still must run the
setpci command on the xHCI controller (0:14.0).

Jon

--
Regards,
Samuel Holland <samuel sholland org>