[vfio-users] hypervisor enlightenments in upstream qemu

Alexander Petrenz petrenz.a at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:38:38 UTC 2016

Hi Doug,

I guess this is part of QEMU 2.5 by now. On the command line you can use it
as followes:

-cpu host,hv_time,hv_vendor_id=KeenlyKVM

I don´t know if this is also in libvirt already. But I can't tell if you
have any advantage of this right away. I tried this along with hv_time on
my existing Windows 7 VM, and it wasn't able to start because of hv_time.
So maybe you need to do a fresh install at least - but I'm not sure.

PS: the patch is located here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg328958.html

Alex