[vfio-users] How do i get rid of the emulated gpu?

Stibnite stibnite at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 21 04:20:03 UTC 2016

I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the "microsoft basic display adapter" in windows 10. Cpu-z and device manager both show my passthrough gpu and the microsoft display adaptor side by side. I seem to be using the display adaptor by default because I can't change the resolution nor can i run any games beyond 3 fps.

With virsh edit I've tried deleting the <video> and <sound> but they just reappear when i start virt-manager.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, none of the turotials i've found detail how to go about actually getting windows to use your gpu over the emulated crap.

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), encrypted email based in Switzerland.