[vfio-users] Preventing host from going into sleep

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Sun Jul 3 07:06:58 UTC 2016

As it turns out, it's not just about permissions; doing anything too
complex in the wrapper script can interfere with the way libvirt manages
qemu VMs and make it unable to shut them down properly (whether that's
due to signal propagation in bash scripts or arguments being altered in
some way). Since there doesn't seem to be any kind of mechanism to
inhibit sleep on the host side when theVM is running, though, I might
check on libvirt's mailing lists to see if such a thing could be
implemented.

-Nicolas