[vfio-users] No reset on GT730

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Mon Jul 4 23:49:36 UTC 2016

You can't really reset a card using SeaBIOS because it uses VGA
arbitration, which has little to do with how an actual PCI passthrough
would work IIRC. What makes you so sure that the issue comes from the
gpu not resetting, is dmesg returning anything suspicious or is your
qemu command completing successfully after you shutdown your VM? If
you're not using libvirt, qemu is supposed to log error messages in the
standard error stream instead, does anything abnormal come up when the
VM shuts down?

- Nicolas