[vfio-users] KMS and vfio modules: vfio fail if active with nvidia

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 23:40:05 UTC 2016

On Jul 24, 2016 2:32 AM, "sL1pKn07 SpinFlo" <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm not sure what you mean with:
>
> > Also keeping the first gpu busy before KMS shoots out may help
>
> how make this?
Doing vfio-pci.ids=pci-ids-of-your-gpu.
I doubt that would help. Read my previous message about modinfo on all
nvidia related modules.
If there's no parameters, i am afraid there's nothing you can do about it.
Cat /proc/iomem to see if the nvidia KMS really takes any resources.
Also, i think it might be possible to hand over the GPU from KMS to the
"real" nvidia module or vfio. I don't know how to "disengage" the KMS.