[vfio-users] UEFI not respecting video output selection

Samuel Holland samuel at sholland.org
Thu Jul 28 16:37:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 07/28/2016 10:39 AM, Ryan A Young wrote:
> Forgot to add my motherboard. ASRock H97M.

This seems to be a problem with all ASRock boards, at least 9-series. Go
into the firmware setup. First, set fast boot to disabled. then set CSM
to enabled. Then go into the CSM configuration. You can set boot mode to
UEFI only, since I assume you're using UEFI boot on the host already.
The important setting is to change the video option ROM to Legacy. The
other option ROMs can be set to UEFI or disabled (depending on if you
use PXE or chipset RAID).

Regards,
Samuel