[vfio-users] VGA passthrough on a ultrabook

Drazen Leovac drazen.leovac at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:08:34 UTC 2016

Hi guys!

Just need few tips where to start.

I have this ultrabook
<https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-UX303UB/specifications/>
(mobile i7 skylake 6500u, 12gb of ram, ssd, intel hd520 on board + nvidia
940m graphics) and I would like to create a VM with VGA passthrough so I
can virtualize WIN OS (probably 7 or 8.1) with an option to run VM on my
laptop display and on the external monitor via Display Port (only one of
them will be active at the time. I'm not trying to have active both of
displays).

Please, tell me if anyone of you tried to do this kind of thing on a mobile
platform and how successful it was?

Thanks for reading!

--
Best,