[vfio-users] Nvidia Error 43 and vendor_id state='on'

David david283 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:53:56 UTC 2016

I am getting the error 43 for my Nvidia card in a Win 7 guest with
UEFI. Host is Fedora 23 fully updated. Is this document correct =
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF)
(Under the Troubleshooting section near the bottom) that with new
versions of QEMU and Libvert I shouldn't need to worry about “-cpu
host,kvm=off” or clearing out the <hyperv> part of my XML file or
anything else?

And instead just add “<vendor_id state='on' value='whatever'/>” in the
XML under <hyperv>? This did not work for me, but it may be because I
actually used “whatever”, not knowing a valid value to give for
vendor_id. Anyone else have this working and can supply a value?

If this isn't working for others, I would like to request some help
resolving my error 43. I am new to KVM and linux as a whole, and used
this guide (http://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-4-our-first.html)
to get this far.

My VM was working the other day, I installed some Steam games and
playtested, and other than some audio issues everything was working
ok. After a few reboots to get hugepages working, the error 43
started.

My versions =

# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.3.3