Re: [vfio-users] Intel x2APIC and APIC Virtualization (APICv or vAPIC)

I'd say that at least some consumer product support apicv, as it happens with PCIe ACS probably. My i7-5930K reports it HAS support for it, and it is enabled by default.

Zycorax Tokoroa

cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/enable_apicv

Should its possible to determine that consumer platforms doesn't
supports APICv at all, I suppose that you may want to add again hv-vapic
for your Windows VMs if your removed it thinking that your platform
supports APICv. I suppose that the performance scale for VMs goes like
this: Emulated x2APIC -> HyperV hv-vapic (For Windows VMs) -> Intel
APICv (On Intel enterprise platforms).