[vfio-users] Nvidia card passed through but unable to install drivers in Windows guest

I am able to passthrough a nvidia card (tried both 630 and 950) to a windows 10 guest, but once I install the nvidia driver in windows I start getting a blue screen and the vm reboots constantly saying system thread exception not handled (nvlddmkm.sys). I have also tried windows 7, but I'm still not able to install the nvidia driver in the guest.

Is there a way for me to verify passthrough has been setup correctly? When I plug my monitor into the nvidia card I see the guest vm.