[vfio-users] [Virt-Manager]Unable to install Nvidia driver (crash during installation)

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:40:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Jayme Howard <g.prime at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the vendor ID need to be exactly 12 characters to work reliably?  I
> believe I've been using nvidia43fix as mine, and had unreliable results.
>  ~75% of the time my VM boots with code 43.

I've never known it to matter, but clearly I haven't explored the full
address space and don't have access to the code used in the driver.  QEMU
will truncate strings to 12 chars with a warning if it's too long.  The
default string is 12 chars.  I regularly use 'KeenlyKVM' and have never
seen a spurious code43.