Re: [vfio-users] [Virt-Manager]Unable to install Nvidia driver (crash during installation)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Jayme Howard <g prime gmail com> wrote:
Does the vendor ID need to be exactly 12 characters to work reliably?  I believe I've been using nvidia43fix as mine, and had unreliable results.  ~75% of the time my VM boots with code 43.

I've never known it to matter, but clearly I haven't explored the full address space and don't have access to the code used in the driver.  QEMU will truncate strings to 12 chars with a warning if it's too long.  The default string is 12 chars.  I regularly use 'KeenlyKVM' and have never seen a spurious code43.