Re: [vfio-users] Mobo reccommendations/suggestions ?

Others may have different opinions, but I've been hearing over and over that X79/X99 and the expensive CPUs are the only way to be 100% sure that passthrough will work correctly. I know I've had my i7-4790K on three different motherboards, and the *best case* so far has been that all the CPU-controlled PCIe slots get passed or not as a single unit.

I'm still just lurking and reading, though, so others may know better.

Known to have issues from personal experience (all PCIe slots one ACS group):
MSI Z97-MATE
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Asus Z97A-USB3.1