Re: [vfio-users] Nvidia glitches on Windows 10 guest

Hi guys,

I found where come from the issue. I have really in my PC 12Gb Memory RAM (but the issue exist with real 8Gb Memory Ram).

If i give 4Gb or more to the VM, i have the glitches, corruption and freeze. But, if i give only 2Gb for the guest the issue does not exist and i can use Win10 correctly and play at games without problem.

Any ideas to find a solution to allocate more Memory Ram without to have this issue ? (Because i would like to replace my 12GB (3x4Gb) by a 1x16Gb)

Thanks by advance,
Maxime

Quick question, are you posting a new email everytime? Because i got like 2 or 3 of those on the same request, very annoying.
Never heard about this kind of issue though, virtual net device load should be insignificant.

Possibly because managing a virtual device is expensive in cpu time?
Possibly because these cpus who are managing these interrupts or shared with the vm?
Possibly because your dpc is bad when having a network interface?

Much possibilities, no information, much things already answered in this mailing list.

First of all:
 - dmesg
 - dps latency on the guest
 - xml file
 - cpu command line
 - core isolation or equivalent

Note that these catch lines are not the thing people like to read: "Nobody to help me how to resolv this issue ? "

--
Deldycke Quentin