Re: [vfio-users] Nvidia glitches on Windows 10 guest

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Berillions <berillions gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I found where come from the issue. I have really in my PC 12Gb Memory RAM (but the issue exist with real 8Gb Memory Ram).

If i give 4Gb or more to the VM, i have the glitches, corruption and freeze. But, if i give only 2Gb for the guest the issue does not exist and i can use Win10 correctly and play at games without problem.

Any ideas to find a solution to allocate more Memory Ram without to have this issue ?

Are you using hugepages?  Is the memory good (run memtest86+ on it)?  I don't really understand your comment about real 8GB in the first sentence.

(Because i would like to replace my 12GB (3x4Gb) by a 1x16Gb)

This seems like a horrible idea, most processors support multiple memory channels so consolidating all your memory to a single DIMM will likely result is worse performance.