[vfio-users] Code 43 with Rampage III and GTX660 in Windows 10

Brian Yglesias brian at atlanticdigitalsolutions.com
Fri Jun 24 19:58:14 UTC 2016

I've switched to OVMF bios, and there is no change.  Shouldn't I be able to see the BIOS splash screen irrespective of the nvidia driver detecting that it is in a VM?  That would have to happen once the OS is loaded, so then perhaps my problem is not that.

I'm still awaiting EVGA to send me a UEFI bios image for my card.  They said they would if I provided them with an s/n and p/n, but have yet to get back to me.

I'm following the guide for my distro in lieu of the 4th installment in your tips and trick series:  https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Pci_passthrough , and at the bottom it seems to imply that I must use SeaBios if my card is not UEFI.  I'm not sure if this is intended.

As to your suggestion of using pc-i440fx, my distro seems to have dropped support for that.  I'm looking into getting that working now.