Re: [vfio-users] vfio-pci disable_vga but still t rying to switch....

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Quentin Deldycke <quentindeldycke gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I want to be able to use:
  • r9 290 on vm using vfio (actually working)
  • intel graphic card on host
  • another amd card (but rather old, different the r9 290) on host (to at least, if it work, change it to a nvidia card who support hdmi 2.0)

My problem is that when i boot, the vga arb is making the combo intel / old radeon buggy: no dri2, so no dri-prime also. I wanted to avoid i915 patch... But this state is present even before the vm is booted (note that it use ovmf pure efi).

vfio-pci.disable_vga is meant for exactly this, in fact this is how I use it, igd host, nvidia for one vm, amd for another.  Both vm graphics cards need to support uefi.  There's no need to disable CSM on the host.