Re: [vfio-users] GPU passthrough + emulated VGA

At least with AMD you can definitely keep emulated VGA but you won't be able to clone your monitor on it. On Windows 7 it actually gets disabled after boot and its window can be only used to grab mouse/keyboard focus and this way control your VM without having to deal with USB passthrough. I heard from gurus here that on Windows 8+ you can have both virtual and physical adapters active but it is very unlikely to allow you cloning the monitor or even display some 3d rendering results on your emulated monitor.