Re: [vfio-users] "Device or Resource Busy"

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Bryan Jacobs <bryanrj gmail com> wrote:
Thanks!

That was exactly what was going wrong. efifb had attached to some of the nvidia device's memory.

Since efifb can't be compiled as a module, and I'd rather not turn it off, here's what I did:

echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon0/bind
echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind
echo efi-framebuffer.0 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer/unbind

This completely solves the problem and all is well doing passthrough on my Skylake system.

Hopefully now that there's a solution with the right magic words in it on the Internet, others will find their answer here.

Another option is video=efifb:off on the kernel commandline.