Re: [vfio-users] Tianocore Splash Screen Not Displayed on Passed-through GPU.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Zir Blazer <zir_blazer hotmail com> wrote:
What OS do you have installed, and at what point do you see something on screen? If you only see when Windows starts, it would look like if it was running in Secondary VGA Passthrough mode, since it has to wait for the OS Drivers to get the Video Card running instead of loading the PCI Option ROM with UEFI GOP during POST, which is why you see TianoCore screen. Absolutely no idea why would that happen (And I'm not sure at all if VFIO does Secondary VGA Passthrough as Xen do), but that's what looks to me...

Hi Zir,

The guest machine is a Windows 10 machine that I upgrade it months ago from Windows 8.1 machine. My monitor starts to display something when the blue Windows Logo and the circling dots appear. It seems like it is running in secondary VGA passthrough mode but there is only my GPU that is listed on the Device Manager's Display Adapters.

This is the output of the GPU's rom using Alex's rom-parser script.

okky freyja:~
[04:59 PM] $ rom-parser MSI_GTX980Ti_Gaming6G.rom
Valid ROM signature found @0h, PCIR offset 1a0h
PCIR: type 0, vendor: 10de, device: 17c8, class: 030000
PCIR: revision 0, vendor revision: 1
Valid ROM signature found @f000h, PCIR offset 1ch
PCIR: type 3, vendor: 10de, device: 17c8, class: 030000
PCIR: revision 3, vendor revision: 0
EFI: Signature Valid
Last image

Thank you.