Re: [vfio-users] Tianocore Splash Screen Not Displayed on Passed-through GPU.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Okky Hendriansyah <okky htf gmail com> wrote:
Hi Zir,

The guest machine is a Windows 10 machine that I upgrade it months ago from Windows 8.1 machine. My monitor starts to display something when the blue Windows Logo and the circling dots appear. It seems like it is running in secondary VGA passthrough mode but there is only my GPU that is listed on the Device Manager's Display Adapters.

This is the output of the GPU's rom using Alex's rom-parser script.

okky freyja:~
[04:59 PM] $ rom-parser MSI_GTX980Ti_Gaming6G.rom
Valid ROM signature found @0h, PCIR offset 1a0h
PCIR: type 0, vendor: 10de, device: 17c8, class: 030000
PCIR: revision 0, vendor revision: 1
Valid ROM signature found @f000h, PCIR offset 1ch
PCIR: type 3, vendor: 10de, device: 17c8, class: 030000
PCIR: revision 3, vendor revision: 0
EFI: Signature Valid
Last image

Thank you.

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah

Another stupid mistake. After digging through the list archives, I found [1] which is the same as mine. Disconnecting other displays solved it. Sorry folks. :)

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2015-December/msg00151.html

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah