[vfio-users] Passing through an intregrated Nvidia mobile GPU (NVIDIA Quadro M1000M)

Jiri 'Ghormoon' Novak ghormoon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:01:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

It will be very interesting to see another mobile gpu passed through.
I've done this with single ati card (no Optimus, sorry). First I'd try to pass them separately (turn one off in bios), that is more likely to work than optimus. You can try that later.
Get another system to configure that over ssh, don't do it from phone like me :P Also prepare usb mouse and keyboard so you don't have to mess with internal at first.
Passing single gpu has it's quirks, I can try to provide you my configs tomorow or next week and you might try to adapt that for nvidia. If that works, next level is to attempt the optimus, but that has low chance I think.
If it will be much spam, we may try this off list (or on some im) and then sum it up here.

Regards, Gh.