[vfio-users] Help Patching Qemu for Vendor

Okky Hendriansyah okky.htf at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:37:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM, thibaut noah <thibaut.noah at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Spam,
>>

>> I am using similar GPU as yours (MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G, with slightly
>> overclock +100MHz GPU clock and +100MHz VRAM clock) and I also use Arch
>> Linux as the hypervisor and I have scored 19332 in Fire Strike Graphics [1].
>>

> You call that slightly overclock? at +70mhz gpu clock i have artefacts lol.
> How do you get 3dmark to take in account your overclocking? seems mine
> does not detect changes : http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8403135
> I see below that you didn't do anything specific in your qemu script,
> could it been that libvirt masks some information about hardware?

Hi Thibaut,

Probably your card is factory overclocked higher than mine, so not much to
gain if you overclocked it further. As for your question, were you pointing
at my GPU's core clock and memory clock over yours? Are yours not
reflecting the overclocked core clock? What is your reading on MSI
Afterburner (or utilities alike)?

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah