[vfio-users] BSOD occuring with 1 game in VM

Quentin Deldycke quentindeldycke at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:49:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

I also play quite much this game. Adding this option makes the game "Works".

But for me, it is also the game with worst performance. As there is a storm
of unsupported msr (not 1 or 2 but hundreds of thousands...)

Do you have correct performance?  I go between 120 at begging to 15 during
fights.

Note that this is the only game making such mess with msr. Other blizzard
games works perfectly...
On 11 May 2016 1:04 am, "Abdulla Bubshait" <darkstego at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just put that in and it solved the problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:54 PM Alex Williamson <
> alex.l.williamson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Abdulla Bubshait <darkstego at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a pretty stable VFIO setup running for a while, but I am stuck
>>> with this
>>> odd problem where 1 game (heroes of the storm) keeps giving me a BSOD
>>> whenever I try to run it in the VM under Windows 10.
>>>
>>>  All other games are running fine. If I install Windows 8 in the VM the
>>> game runs fine.
>>>  If I boot the machine into the Windows 10 HDD directly the game runs
>>> fine.
>>> This crash occurs with both Nvidia GTX 770 and AMD Fury X.
>>> It only crashes when in VM and Windows 10.
>>>
>>> The BSOD is some form of exception. Examples that occur
>>> SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
>>> KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

>>> http://pastebin.com/SLPTVUwn
>>> http://pastebin.com/zdjTzKuV