[vfio-users] BSOD occuring with 1 game in VM

Jan Wiele jan at wiele.org
Thu May 12 21:02:32 UTC 2016

You are not alone. I have had the exact same symptoms. Wanted to build a
"gaming" machine with two seats for playing Heroes of the Storm.
Performance was bad. Very low fps especially in fights. No difference
between low and high graphic settings.

Nevertheless, graphic benchmarks, like 3D mark, certified a very good
GPU performance: [1] VM, [2] Native (Yes, the VM performs slightly
better). There, you can also see my system specs. I suppose this is some
kind of CPU scaling problem in HotS. :-/

I'm very interested if you can actually find a solution :) Good luck!

Regards,
Jan

[1] http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7493163
[2] http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7492760