[vfio-users] qemu input and proper device recognition

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Fri May 13 02:40:48 UTC 2016

Hi guys !
I have a little question here about qemu inputs.
It recognize the keyboard properly but not the mouse.
I have a razer naga hex, a gaming mouse with lots of buttons, some of them
are recognize either as keys 1  to 6 (on keyboard) or as 1 to 6 keys on
numpad.
It seems qemu input fails to pass theses buttons to the guest thus making
those mouse buttons useless.

Does someone happen to know a workaround for this?
Maybe adding another device?

Or is it directly related with how qemu deals with thoses devices?

I could pass my mouse as a usb device but that would defeat the purpose of
using only one mouse on my system (i don't want to unplug it).
Also to note, the device is not recognize properly so i cannot use razer
synapse on the windows guest system.