[vfio-users] Hardware recommendation?

Tobias Geiger tobias.geiger at vido.info
Fri May 13 16:26:51 UTC 2016

Hi Ryan

ok that helped:

v1 has different models/steppings/whatevertheycallit, and the SR0KX
seems to be the one you want for vtd

v2 - i dont now of, but:

v3:
http://ark.intel.com/de/products/81709/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2670-v3-30M-Cache-2_30-GHz
is a different animal. so you are right, i need a "normal" FCLGA2011 for
the SR0KX.
and i assume you also have  the SR0KX stepping version - oor maybe a
softwware/bios microcode update was possible?
anyways it seems to work for you :)

i'll search for a FCLGA2011 mobo which doesnt cost 700€ ... :)

Greetings!
Tobias