[vfio-users] BSOD occuring with 1 game in VM

Abdulla Bubshait darkstego at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:22:24 UTC 2016

> I found this series of patches. Have they already been added because it
> seems like these patches won't crash a program on access to LBR?
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/14/953
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/14/938
>
> Maybe they can be updated? The comments mention a change to the submitted
> patch so that would need to be implemented.

Thanks for that. This is similar to what we need, but this is for
Linux guests. Ideally if we can get windows to do something similar
(check for LBR registers and not just assume they exist from cpu
model), then that would be ideal.

Currently I am holding out hope that Blizzard cleans up their code.