[vfio-users] [FEEDBACK NEEDED] Additionnal tips to include in the Arch wiki article

Zaki Saad zaki0saad at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:36:57 UTC 2016

Regarding

3.) How to passthrough host primary GPU (if possible, :) )

I've stuggled with that issue myself a lot until I gave up and ended up
switching my guest GPU to a secondary slot. I'm still not even sure what
counts as "host primary", is it the boot_vga?

from https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2016-May/msg00094.html,

In my setup, my primary GPU is passed to a VM and my 'secondary' GPU is
used for the host.

I use pci-stub to capture my primary GPU, and Xorg is given to my secondary
GPU through the use of BusID in xorg.conf.

My primary GPU is AMD (r9 390), and my secondary (host) GPU is nVidia (GT
730), running proprietary drivers.

I am able to provide more details on this matter, if preferred.