[vfio-users] Significant FPS drop with AMD and GTX970

Andrei Grigore andrei.grg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:39:59 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this and if there is a known fix
for it.

I am using ArchLinux with latest stable Kernel, qemu and libvirt.

My CPU is FX-8230 with a GTX 970. I've passed thorugh the GPU to a Win10
guest.

In WoW on bare metal i get 90 fps and in the same area with the same
graphic settings on the VM i get around 50. There seems to be no cpu and or
ram bottlenet and the GPU seems to be quite gully used since the fans are
starting to spin quite soon.

Can anyone help here with a suggestion? I saw reports with about 3%
performance drop, but I am experiencing a lot more.

Thanks!
Andrei.