[vfio-users] Nvidia code 43 with Ubuntu 16.04 host

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:56:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Rokas Kupstys <rokups at zoho.com> wrote:

> While nothing wrong at the same time it is fragile. Script is replacing
> some parameters with something else. If command line will change enough for
> search string to no longer be present in there it will stop working. Maybe
> this is what happened?

Based on the xml, I see no reason that libvirt would insert the hv_relaxed
parameter, so the script is basically doing nothing, but also there should
be nothing necessary to do (we don't need to modify the vendor ID of a
feature that isn't provided).  We'd need to see what's actually running on
the system (ps aux | grep qemu).  You call it fragile, I call it a feature
that I can create a wrapper script that only activates to add/modify
parameters as necessary.  For this particular option, I'm not sure how you
add it for a libvirt managed VM other than updating to a version of libvirt
that supports it, which is not always an option.