[vfio-users] Nvidia code 43 with Ubuntu 16.04 host

Will Marler will at wmarler.com
Tue Sep 6 17:47:26 UTC 2016

Simon, are you able to boot your VM with GPU passthrough and no Code 43
errors without enabling any hyperv features? Do this first, then move on to
enabling Hyper V.

"I cannot place the vendor_id flag in the xml because it is validated in
the Ubuntu package" -- what does this mean? Is there something specific to
the Ubuntu package that is checking the XML syntax and saying "vendor_id is
invalid?" When I got around to enabling HyperV on my VM, I ran into a
similar XML "validation" situation. But this was on Arch, not Ubuntu.
Ultimately I traced the problem down to putting a tag in the wrong
subsection. I'm afraid I didn't take notes, and don't remember the
specifics.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Alex Williamson <alex.l.williamson at gmail.com