[vfio-users] Mouse and keyboard for gaming

Will Marler will at wmarler.com
Tue Sep 27 20:55:44 UTC 2016

I have had awful experiences with Synergy and FPS games.

I use Synergy for non-gaming times, and when the mouse doesn't need to be
super awesome (like Civ, or Xcom). When I need all of the features of the
mouse, I will pass it through via a dedicated PCI-USB card (the PCI card is
passed through to the VM), or pass through the USB device directly. Either
solution loses the mouse in the host while the guest is on, so I'll plug in
a less-featured mouse when I need it. You can probably tell I'm a fairly
casual gamer ...