Re: [vfio-users] vfio, xeon e3s, acs, & gpus -- oh my!

Intel's stuff is really iffy about ACS unless you buy one of the overpriced two thousand dollar processors, they use it for artificial market segmentation so that they can say the desktop processors and the E3 etc doesn't "support" sr-iov etc.

If you want to do this without spending lots of money I would go with a coreboot compatible G34 Opteron setup, I have a KGPE-D16 and it has ACS + IOMMU with interrupt remapping (and every device gets its own IOMMU group) - I play games in VM on it.

You can get the board for $400 and a used quality 16 core CPU for around $100, there is also a port of the OpenBMC network kvm in progress - which will make it the first blob free server board with feature equivalency to the proprietary stuff.

https://www.coreboot.org/Board:asus/kgpe-d16