Re: [vfio-users] vfio, xeon e3s, acs, & gpus -- oh my!

On 3 Apr 2017, at 10:21, globalgorrilla fastmail fm wrote:

On 3 Apr 2017, at 10:19, Steven Walter wrote:

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM,  <globalgorrilla fastmail fm> wrote:
On 2 Apr 2017, at 0:10, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

I decided to go with an E6-1650 v4 / C612 based motherboard as I wanted
both ECC memory and a BMC.

I think something this is the best option for the moment.

Posted-interrupts are only on E5 v4 and Xeon-D.

It makes a big difference with network cards (and GPUs).

Does anyone know if AVIC or some other Ryzen feature provides for
posted-interrupts?

By "posted interrupts" do you mean that they get delivered directly to
the VM, bypassing the host?  If so, then yes enabling AVIC does
provide that behavior.  With AVIC enabled (kvm_amd.avic=1), I do not
see the counters in /proc/interrupts increment for passed-through
devices.

Yes, that's it. Fantastic. Thanks!

This does make me interested in trying a Ryzen setup... the i7s AFAIK don't have posted-interrupts.