[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Fri Apr 14 23:24:58 UTC 2017

My Windows 10 VM occasionally seems to lose its mouse connection, i.e.
the cursor doesn't move and mouse buttons are ignored. This tends to
happen when gaming. As a first attempt to fix this I attached a second
mouse and the problem seemed to reduce for a time, but has now returned
. Both mice are currently on front ports, i.e. presumably attached to
the same USB header.

For completeness, both GPUs go through an HDMI switch to my single
monitor, and this works perfectly. Focus is managed via a QXL window.

At the moment the only solution seems to be forcibly rebooting the VM,
but surely there must be a better solution. Any ideas folks?

poc