Re: [vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Can you check dmesg if mouse has reconnected itself to host?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 at 03:02, Jamie Lawrence <jal jal org> wrote:
 <poc usb ve> (Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 12:24:58AM +0100T):
> My Windows 10 VM occasionally seems to lose its mouse connection, i.e.
> the cursor doesn't move and mouse buttons are ignored. This tends to
> happen when gaming. As a first attempt to fix this I attached a second
> mouse and the problem seemed to reduce for a time, but has now returned
> . Both mice are currently on front ports, i.e. presumably attached to
> the same USB header.

I don't have a solution, but have the same problem. (I don't play games;
happens to me using modeling software.) Been too busy to use it much so
I haven't been looking for a solution, but would love one - it kinda
makes the exercise pointless.

For a while I thought it was Synergy-related[1], but it happens without
running that. System is stock Ubuntu 1604, I'm not passing USB through,
just an Nvidia Quadro K4000. I have a mouse and a trackball, as well as
a mouse-like device for making small, precise motions. When the VM loses
it, they all die.

-j

[1] https://symless.com/synergy