Re: [vfio-users] VM loses mouse

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 4:45 AM, Christopher Thompson <Chris Thompson1 synopsys com> wrote:
>
> This sounds like the PS/2 driver/emulated hardware controller gets itself in knots. PS/2 isn't hot plug, so if something goes wrong it's generally stuffed until a reboot, which sounds like your issue.
>
> One common option is to use Synergy, which passes the keyboard and mouse over the network, you set up the synergy service running on the Linux host, with it configured to map an edge of the screen to your Windows VM, then when the Windows VM is running and the synergy client connects you can move the mouse over that edge of the screen and it will appear on Windows (if you have multiple monitors this looks like the mouse seamlessly goes from one screen to the other).

I use Synergy, and the bug occurs with it as well. It adds a layer of confusion when it happens, but that's about it. (I use a hardware KVM switching two videocards to the same monitor, but the mouse isn't connected to it.) At least with the Synergy version I have, the UI locks up under windows, but it keeps functioning. The bug also happens without it running.

Spent some time attempting to force the bug this weekend, but didn't manage to.  I'll try again to get some logging soon.

-j