[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Zycorax Tokoroa zycorax at phoxden.xyz
Sun Apr 30 18:37:26 UTC 2017

> Following advice from a private message, I attempted to add the evdev option
> within the QEMU XML (see https://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html for examples).
> However this didn't work:
>
> 1) I ran 'virsh edit ...' and changed the opening line to:
> <domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>;
> There were no objections from virsh but the change was simply discarded in the XML.
>
> 2) http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0 doesn't seem to be a
> valid URL.
>
> 3) Adding <qemu:commandline> options to the XML threw a syntax error
> from virsh.
>
> poc

My mistake for not pressing reply to list.

I have no explanation for why (1) wasn't saved, but I suggest you look
into that as it's the cause for issue (3).

(2) is in the documentation https://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html (under
"Pass-through of arbitrary qemu commands") so it is valid even if
there's no backing page.

Zycorax Tokoroa