[vfio-users] sr-iov support on main boards

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Aug 15 00:44:17 UTC 2017

On 08/14/2017 12:28 AM, Torbjorn Jansson wrote:

> yes i noticed that part was missing, but the card i have is an I350-T2
> and according to:
> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005722.html
>

> the I350-T2 is supposed to have sr-iov support.
> i guess it is possible they sent me the wrong type of card or
> something, i'll double check what is listed on the card itself.
Some OEM's (ex: dell) shut off the SR-IOV ability on their NIC's because
reasons.
Please provide an lspci -n and lspci -v -v for that device so we can see
what OEM it is.

I would return it and have them send you a real one that isn't nerfed,
also FYI most NIC's on ebay are counterfeit so be careful what you buy.
https://www.servethehome.com/investigating-fake-intel-i350-network-adapters/
(real intel NIC ASIC and SR-IOV but crappy secondary components)