[vfio-users] Onboard sound card to my VM

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Aug 15 03:26:04 UTC 2017

On 08/14/2017 11:16 PM, Alex Williamson wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Taiidan at gmx.com <Taiidan at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure but I think there are no pci-e audio cards that support
>> IOMMU AFAIK.
>>
> False, especially for device assignment, the drivers in the guest and the
> guest itself is completely unaware of the IOMMU.
I heard an Asus Xonar (cmedia chipset) PCI-e (all of them are based off
that chip AFAIK) wouldn't work and resulted in IO_PAGE_FAULT dmesg spam
with iommu enabled.

I had a similar error - one of my GFX cards broke so I slotted in an old
PCI-e Nvidia 7800gt and when booting dom0 and trying to do modesetting
with IOMMU enabled it would spew io page faults and fail to modeset - I
had to replace it with a newer card...I do not know why that occurred.