[vfio-users] R9 290 Passthrough not working on Linux

guidugli at gmail.com guidugli at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:59:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

For quite some time I have been able to do a pass-through of R9 290 to
Windows VMs using KVM. The problem is that I tried to use Linux and it
does not work. Tried Fedora and Ubuntu and both did not work. Funny
thing is that Ubuntu startup/shutdown screens show on the secondary
monitor but not the system itself.

I tried using i440FX and Q35, same results. Used the same configuration
I use for my working Windows VMs.

I had opened a but few months ago but no answer so far.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1
633777

I just wonder if someone was able to bypass this problem or has some
suggestion.

Thank you,

Carlos