[vfio-users] Steam blocking VMs in csgo?

Ethan Bugden ethan961 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 02:59:35 UTC 2017

Just to clarify, you did repair the steam service in an elevated command
prompt/as admin, not a regular one? I've never had this problem occur and
have it not solved by a repair, at least it should work long enough to
finish your match. It does sound like this is an actual issue with playing
in VMs being flagged in the first place though. I just did another 45mins
of Valve DM in my VM without issues, I'll keep playing in VM when I play to
gather some more info. I call qemu through the CLI, my CPU line is: -cpu
host,hv_time,hv_vapic,hv_relaxed,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff, I don't hide KVM. I
think we'd probably get better results emailing the VAC and/or CSGO teams
than submitting a ticket. We only want to use one instance of the game, so
hopefully if they're at least aware of this use case they can keep it in
mind during future developments. Or if they fixed the native client that
would be nice....