[vfio-users] Steam blocking VMs in csgo?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 03:11:46 UTC 2017

I thought the same a few days ago.

"Did you try the hyperV clock? it could be a timer issue." (but this
didn't fix it for him)

Playing in a VM sometimes results in strange timer issues like NPC's and
cars spawning after they should have.

The issue isn't so much clock drift as it is a jitter, even with the
hyperv clock enabled for some reason things don't work properly (but
they did work in the past before I changed my OS turning on hyperv clock
and enlightenment fixed my timer issues now it doesn't...strange)

I imagine that could definitely trigger anti cheat software that looks
for things out of place.