[vfio-users] Secondary X server with secondary GPU

Rokas Kupstys rokups at zoho.com
Wed Jan 4 08:22:54 UTC 2017

> Is it true that I can't setup a single X server with one NV and one
> IGD cards together?
I am not quite sure i understand... But if you want to use your IGD for
primary desktop rendering while being able to run games on secondary
more powerful GPU while still being in your primary X session then you
are looking for something like bumblebee or virtualgl. Bumblebee may or
may not work on a desktop setup. I have not explored it as my hardware
setup does not allow me to use mesa on my primary graphics card (this is
a bumblebee requirement). I did not try virtualgl either, but it should
do what you want, however i am not sure of performance. Also i do not
know how to set that up on a local machine.

Rokas Kupstys