[vfio-users] Bug exposed with Libvirt, Arch Linux and VFs with kernel 4.9+

globalgorrilla at fastmail.fm globalgorrilla at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 31 01:47:01 UTC 2017

Precisely. I am using libvirt and VFIO to assign SRIOV VFs to guests.

Interestingly, as per my Arch package bug report, using 4.8.X doesn't
trigger the bug for me, simply moving to kernel 4.9.5+ triggers it
(nothing else changed in other packages or guest domain XML).

I built a custom package of libnl from the master on Github that
includes the commit of your patch.

I had seen this issue earlier on but had rebuilt libvirt without libnl
as a work around. Your patch fixes this permanently.

I'm hoping a new release of libnl is forthcoming and used or the Arch
package maintainer pulls the fix in some other how.

I recognize your name from the mailing list and issue report. Thanks for
the fix and the note!