[vfio-users] Awful boot times, current OVMF to blame?

John Koelndorfer jkoelndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:41:15 UTC 2017

Good news, folks!

Hagbard was kind enough to send an older build of OVMF he had lying around
and suggested I try it. I did, and I am happy to report my VM boots very
fast again! For safekeeping, I have committed it to my GitHub repository:
https://github.com/jkoelndorfer/local-tools/blob/master/workstation/vfio/edk2.git-ovmf-x64-0-20150804.b1143.g8ca1489.noarch.rpm.
I believe that when I did my initial VFIO setup, I used a package from the
AUR which may have been just old enough to avoid the problem.

I may experiment some and see if any of the qemu parameters provided by
Hristo make a difference with a current version of OVMF. For now, I'm happy
my VM is booting quickly.

Thanks very much for your help.