[vfio-users] Blank screen but no obvious errors for NVIDIA 750 Ti passthrough on Haswell i7-4770

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Jul 30 11:15:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-30 10:47, Jeremy Visser wrote:
> Are there really no clues anybody could give? I'm really at a loss.
>
> Since I wrote the below, I also downloaded a copy of Fedora 21 (yep, going
> retro) and couldn't get it going even then. Also rolled back my BIOS
> version in case that had something to do with it.
>
> Even though I get the blank screen issue when forwarding my GPU, forwarding
> other types of cards works fine. For example, I often pass through my
> wireless PCI card through to a VM which works fine.

i assume the vm appears to start but doesn't actually output anything on the
screen and doesn't boot properly.
if so, try waiting a very long time, say 10-15 minutes or so and see if it
eventually boots.

yesterday my vm with a gtx 970 took forever to start, i tried several times and
then just left it and nearly forgot about it, then later to my surprise it had
booted.